Monday 9 March 2015

Beauty Related Mother's Day Gift Ideas


Don't panic, but you've now got exactly one week left to find a present fit for a wonder-mum like yours, so if you're struggling for ideas then keep reading for some beauty related inspiration. Speaking of gift ideas, can you ever have too many? I've teamed up with the lovely Georgia from White Shirt Chic (such a cute blog name) to create a collab post so you'll have double the options! My post is going to center more on higher end products, so hop over to Georgia's blog for some great Budget and D.I.Y. Mother's Day Gift Ideas too!


What woman doesn't like a good long soak once in a while? My first pick for bath and body care is the RelaxStation from Soap & Glory (£20) the kit comes with a collection of some of their best products, including Clean on Me Shower Gel, The Righteous Butter, Hand Food and more. Lush has come out with a Mother's Day Collection, most of which they've bundled into their Flowers for Mum bundle (£44.95), which is filled with bathbombs, a shower gel and even a massage bar. Finally, the Body Shop always has a flurry of soapy goodness to chose from, but I picked out this Japanese Cheery Blossom Set (£22) because the scent is gorgeous and the packaging makes a real statement!

What better to accompany a bubble bath then a relaxing scented candle? My top pick would be the Jo Malone Lime Basil & Manderine Home Candle (£40). I've written an entire post on why these babies make such a good gift here. If you're not a Jo Malone fan you might find Diptyque candles hit the spot, I recommend their Vanille Candle (£40) because it's a very versatile scent that most people will agree with. My third and final pick would be one of the Rituals Candles (£19.50), Sweet Sunrise is gorgeous and also offers classy packaging and fifty hours burn time!

If you want to keep it classic and go for straight make-up, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these next items. First up, the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick (£26). I'm sure I don't have to sell you on this too much because their clearly such a luxurious product - look at that bullet tube! - who wouldn't want one of these on their dressing table? My next pick would be any of The Naked Palettes (£38). With bronze, taupe and rose options, there's bound to be one to suit your marvellous mummy. Last but not least, The Roller Lash (£19.50) new from Benefit. Benefit's mascaras are usually a big hit if dramatic, look at me lashes are your thing, plus there's a points offer surrounding these at Boots right now.

This is where the budget crept up on me a bit... sorry! However, I really think each of these products would go down a treat so if you've got the cash to splash then why not treat your mum to the ultimate in skin care luxury - dare I say it - the Glam Glow Get Glowing Set ($69/£45). I've picked this gift set because it offers the best value for money by far, allowing you to try all three masks for the price of one full size. Bringing us back down to Earth for a moment... the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Heritage Mother's Day Set (£26) is probably much more realistic and offers two cute lip tins to take on the go with you. Rounding up the skin care category, we have the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (£70) Whilst this is crazy expensive, I think I'd also say it's the most indulgent product in my whole gift guide, a real way to push the boat out and say thanks.

Every mum loves a good hand cream. My own mother has a hand cream for every draw and every handbag and every coat pocket she owns. This category is arranged a little differently, because I've selected some great gift sets as well as individual products for those of you who might want to tone it down a bit or are looking for a 'top up' gift. Let's start with Molton Brown, mentioned in my February Favourites post for making such great smelling, great feeling creams. I love the Orange and Bergamot Hand Cream (£10), or you could opt for The Indulge Edition Set (£25) which offers three hand creams together. L'Occitane also have some seriously silky gems, and the packaging on their Cherry Blossom Petal tube (£14) is adorable, as is their Trio Collection Set (£22). And let's not forget The Body Shop, who I personally think offer some of the best hand creams on the market. Their Hemp Hand Protector (£5) may not be pink but it'll sort out any serious dryness or cracked skin in less than a week. It's also included in their Hand Cream Collection (£15)

And we're finally finished! I hope you've found some inspiration, why not pop you own ideas in the comments section to make this post as helpful as it could possibly be? Don't forget to check out Georgia's post on White Shirt Chic for some more budget friendly ideas. And hey - have a selfie of me and my mum for good measure!


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I think that skin care is the number one gift for mother's day. Because skin care is really important! I think a good gift would be peels. Peels are so cool and they like take off a layer of your skin to regenerate more youthful skin! Love that I checked out your blog. New follower! What are you getting your mom for mother's day?

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / creativity + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, that's so kind - it really means a lot to me :D I think you're right, skin care is important and peels are a great idea I didn't even think of! I wish I could tell you but my mum reads my blog, haha! ^^ She'd be bound to see it if I told... What are you getting your mum though? Is there a particular peel you recommend? :) x

      Delete
  2. Hey lovely, these are such good ideas! We absolutely LOVE The Body Shop hand creams - they do such a good job. We’ve nominated you for a Liebster award, take a look http://morethanamoan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/liebster-awards-our-nominations.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi girls! Oh my gosh you've made my morning, that's amazing! Thank you so much! :D What lovely news to wake up too. I'm really grateful and I'll be putting my post up very soon :) xx

      Delete
  3. This is a great gift guide post !! Thanks for the hard work :) xx

    Wonderlandstaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stavey, it took a long time! :P Glad you enjoyed it :) x

      Delete
  4. Great gift guide!!!! This makes me want to be a mum so I can be treated to such lovely goodies lol, so hard to choose, my Mum loves candles but me and my sisters bought her so many for christmas!!!! I think the hand cream looks like a winner :D

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice! ^^ The Body Shop hand creams really are amazing and their the most reasonable too. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them! :) x

      Delete
  5. Great ideas!)
    xo

    http://martaskripnik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Diana :) I must say, your blog is stunning so that means a lot coming from you! I hope to one day have as many followers as you and I'd be very happy to see you here too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally don't think you can beat a luxury candle for a present. Especially such luxurious ones like Jo Malone and Diptyque.. stunning! Also love that you included a selfie with your gorgeous mum, what a babe! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's always between candles and skin care for me. What I wouldn't give to own me some'a that Magic Cream... Haha, thanks! I'll tell her and she'll be chuffed with that ^^ xx

      Delete
  8. I honestly think 'mums' are one of the easiest types of people to buy presents for because there's so much choice. I know not all mums are girlie but I really love choosing things like these as a gift to my mum. Cute ideas! :) http://itsbryonysblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Byrony :) I think you're right, Mum's are so lovely to buy for. Dad's are hard! Way more tricky than boyfriends cos they're rarely into video games or male grooming! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to every single one! Ally. x

© Uptown Peach | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig