Wednesday 4 March 2015

February Favourites


So this post probably should have gone up on Monday and the Six Things I Learned About Joining A Running Club today, but hey, we’re learning! Here’s a quick rundown of all the things I’ve been loving through the month of February and why.


Boots Simply Sensitive Protecting Day Moisturiser SPF 15
I went searching in late January for a new moisturiser to replace my giant bucket of Nivea Soft that had lasted me forever. I felt like it was getting a bit heavy on my skin, but mostly, I desperately wanted a moisturiser with SPF. (I’m really not as hot sun protection as I should be… *slaps wrist*) With SPF 15 and at £2.79 for 125ml I figured I couldn’t go wrong, so I picked one up and I’ve been loving this beaut ever since! The bottle has lasted me ages, and the oil free formula doesn't feel greasy or sticky on the skin. It does feel like it’s doing something though and leaves my skin really soft and smooth – exactly what you want from a moisturiser, non? I’ve enjoyed it so much that I went back to Boots and picked up a few other products from the Simply Sensitive range to try.



Liz Earle Gentle Exfoliator
What a find! To put it simply, this is the best physical exfoliant I’ve ever tried. My dry but very sensitive skin absolutely loves this stuff. All other scrubs have had me caught in a cycle of needing to use them every single day or seemingly ending up with worse skin than before (a bit like the Vaseline vs lips dilemma that some people have?) but not this baby. Where most scrubs give me excellent results for the first day, followed by torn up skin the next, 3 scrubs a week of the Liz Earle Gentle Exfoliator is leaving me with the smoothest, plumpest skin I’ve ever had.


Molton Brown Hand Cream in Ylang-Ylang
I was lucky enough to get a Molton Brown hand cream for Christmas but I only really started reaching for it this month. Well, it's spiraled into a full blown love affair with their hand products. I've since gone and bought myself a hand soap and another hand cream in "Orange Blossom" and they leave my hands feeling and smelling wonderful.



See by Chloe Perfume
This has been my perfume of choice almost every day throughout February. The first notes that hit me whenever I spritz a bit of this are definitely floral, but then it settles down into a somewhat fruity fragrance. It's quite a young, playful smell but isn't sweet or sugary, and I find it's very day time appropriate whilst still sophisticated. Perfect for a subtle, fresh, office perfume.


The Glam Guide by Fleur De Force 
This was one of the most anticipated book launches of the year for me, as Fleur has long since been one of my favourite YouTubers of all time. I picked up her book from Waterstones for £11.99 (usual price £14.99) and have been flicking through the glossy, pastel pages all month long. I would have loved to have seen a section on home décor because Fleur’s house has always looked so stylish to me, but her sections on travelling, life goals and YouTube/Blogging had me really hooked.

Leave me a comment letting me know if you've tried any of the products above and how you got on with them. -and if any of you picked up The Glam Guide then I'd love to hear your thoughts on that too! Was it what you expected?
That's all for now folks, tune in next month to find out what will make the cut for my March Favourites!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Desperate to get my paws on Fleur's book! X

    lanaalicewilman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post hun!
    www.emmaloumay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! That's really kind of you to say ^^ x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, and they sure sound and look like great picks :)
    I love the sound of that exfoliating cream, I might give it a try
    Thanks for sharing :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neeny, that's really kind of you :) And yes, you honestly should pick a Gentle Exfoliator from Liz Earle, it's my favourite of the favourites! ^^ x

      Delete
  4. the Liz Earle exfoliator is so so good! thanks for the post x

    morethanamoan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!? Ugh... so amazing :) Thanks for your comment ^^ x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to every single one! Ally. x

© Uptown Peach | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig